Q: What can be engraved?
A: Images are available from our growing graphics catalog or custom engravings. Policies regarding custom content that will not be engraved are as follows:
In congruence with the standards of acceptable images produced as put out by the United States Postal Service, Nadarra Creations will not generate content that includes the following:
- Content or images actively advocating or disparaging the religious, political, or legal agenda of any person or entity, including but not limited to content or images designed to influence a specific piece of legislation.
- Partisan or political content or images, including but not limited to content or images supporting or opposing election.
- Content or images related to human reproduction or sexuality, including but not limited to content or images related to services or counseling with regard to pregnancy, abortion, or other sexual matter.
- Unlawful content or images including but not limited to:
- Deceptive, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or obscene content or images.
- Content or images infringing upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including but not limited to the USPS.
- Content or images that violate any living or deceased person’s privacy or publicity rights.
- Content or images depicting discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual or political orientation, or age.
- Content or images depicting graphic violence.
- Content or images depicting illegal activities, illegal substances, and paraphernalia designed for use in connection with illegal substances or activities, or convicted criminals.
- Content or images depicting profanity, nudity, or sexually explicit functions or materials.
- Content or images related to the sales of tobacco or tobacco related products.
- Content or images related to the sale of products designed for use in connection with sexual activity, or product, services or entertainment directed to sexual stimulation.
Q: What kind of file/format is needed for a custom engraving?
A: Vector files, specifically SVG files, are ideal. We are also able to work with PDF files and very large BITMAP file types. If we are not able to convert the file in a reasonable timeline, we will request and alternate format or send a proposal to charge for the time needed to create an engravable graphic by one of our design specialists.
Graphics that render well do not contain super fine, pencil thin lines.
Q: Can I donate a graphic for your catalog?
A: Definitely! We want to grow and community and highlight artists within it.
Q: How do you determine which graphics are Premium vs. Standard?
A: All of our graphics are engraved. The premium graphics designation is based on the time it takes for us to engrave the graphic. This process can be slowed down by many fine lines and intricate details.
Q: Can I request a box without Flock?
A: Yes, you can. Be sure to contact us with your order number indicating that you do not want a flocked interior.
Q: What kind of material is your flock?
A: The silly answer – precision trimmed hair from cage free black chinchillas who signed up to donate their excessively long fur trimmings to our cause to make the world’s most luxurious dice boxes. The real answer: Nylon. After numerous test runs we have found it to be the most durable.
Q: Can I request a wood species that is not listed on the website?
A: Yes. Some species are not listed as they are harder to consistently source. There are some wood types that due to their makeup are not well suited for dice box manufacturing. We are happy to let you know if what you want will work well or not.
Q: What is the difference between a Premium and Domestic wood?
A: Woods are categorized by their price, our ability to source them, and the ease of working with them. Some species tend to be more temperamental and require the manufacturing process to be slowed down.
Q: Where do you get your wood?
A: We source from locally owned stores as much as possible. One of our greatest joys is taking a field trip to a local store in hopes of finding the perfect piece or the one-off piece that is too beautiful to pass up.
Q: What is the turn-around time for my box?
A: Assuming you are purchasing a box that is complete and only needs final touches and engraving, you can expect it to ship within 1 to 2 weeks. For boxes that are made-to-order, turn-around times may be as long as 8 to 12 weeks. We hope to expedite and streamline the process as we move forward.
Q: What are the Care instructions for my box?
A: We’re glad you asked:
-General Care:Your box is solid wood. As such, it should never be submerged in water or kept in extremely humid conditions. Use caution when showing your box to friends as they might drool over it, and we have not tested for saliva-resistance. If you have any questions or concerns about your new Nadarra Dice Box, please do not hesitate to contact us.
-Flock: Inside your box you will find flock (def. Incredibly short and painstakingly precision cut fibers that create a velvety surface for your tactile enjoyment). This fabulous material protects your dice and makes for an incredible rolling surface. Should fuzz, crumbs, eraser shavings, etc. start to litter your box use compressed air or a soft and clean vacuum attachment to clean it out.
-Scratches and Dings: In the event that you use your box so frequently that scratches and dings inevitably occur the following can help: Lightly sand the scratched area with very fine (320 grit) sandpaper. Apply an oil-based finish and wax by hand. Don’t have a trusted oil and wax brand? Feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a list of recommendations.
Q: How do I open my box?
A: Your box is magnetically secured. Opening works best by rotating the corners away from each other horizontally (as pictured in the diagram). Basically, you need to create a “disturbance in the (magnetic) force”.
Q: Do the boxes hold metal dice?
A: Yes. We have tested the magnet strength with a box full of metal dice and didn’t have any troubles. Metal dice do run the risk of denting the rolling tray when used excessively or when dropped/rolled from high above it.
Q: Can I customize the interior layout of my box?
A: Not Yet, with YET being the key word. We want our brand to be the leaders in customization and recognize that there is a wide range of game specific needs. We are working on developing alternate interiors, but will not be launching them quite yet.
Q: I want to propose to my significant other – can I use your box for that, and can you include a trap door for the ring to be behind?
A: Yes, and yes! The mini pocket can be modified for an occasion such as that.